Global Domains International (GDI) Information
Owners: Michael Starr & Alan Ezeir
Headquarters: Carlsbad, CA USA
Cost to join: $10 per month after 7 day free trial
Global Domains International, otherwise known as GDI for short is in the domain name and webhosting business and is the original domain registrar for the .ws domain name. As the very common domain names of .com, .net, and .org are becoming increasingly competitive, the .ws domain name is an attractive alternative anyone can use. Although the .ws domain name is the primary domain name for the nation of Samoa (just as .ru is for Russia and .es for Spain) GDI also refers to it as the acronym for website.
The domain names registration service is sold through a mult-level marketing (MLM) payout system down through 5 levels. A person can purchase a domain name and he or she will have the option to sell the service to others and earn a monthly commission of $1 per signup per month as long as that signup remains active. You also earn $1 per month per sign up that your signups bring into the business down through 5 levels.
4 Review Criterias
What I look for in a Network Marketing company such as GDI are the following criteria:
- Does it have a system that I can can follow?
- Will I have the ability to brand myself?
- Will I have a mentor or a support team?
- Does the Company stand the test of time? Have they been around at least 10 years or more?
Does GDI have a system that I can can follow?
GDI has a little bit of a system that can be followed. First, when you are introduced to GDI, you are guided to watch a video that gives you information about the company and the compensation plan.
If you sign up by purchasing a domain name, you can enter your back office and you have the option of promoting GDI by entering in email addresses of people you know where they will be able to watch the same presentation, and if they are interested as you were, they can purchase a domain and join you on your downline.
Aside from emailing your friends, you can purchase DVDS to share with others, and you can purchase leads that you can call to invite them to view the video.
So, yes, GDI has a system to help you build your business……slowly. However, they do not have a business system that teaches online marketing or automation that can allow you to build your business fast. Since you only earn $1 per signup per month in your organization, automation is key and last I checked, GDI does not have a system that teaches such skills.
If you want to build your business fast and learn how to automate, I would recommend finding a sponsor who can teach you these skills of marketing online and automating your business. Look for someone who is doing it to build his or her business.
Will I have the ability to brand myself with GDI?
One part of branding yourself is having your own website, preferable with your own domain name. GDI comes with that automatically. It also has a web-builder to allow you to customize your website to allow you to stand out from everyone else.
Unfortunately many people with no business knowledge sign up for GDI because of the low cost to entry and they only redirect their domain name to the generic GDI sales page and end up not branding themselves at all because they do the same thing as the other hundreds of thousands of reps do.
If you sign up for GDI, be sure to build your own original website that markets you and what you can do for your prospects that the others are not willing to do.
Will I have a Mentor or a Support Team with GDI?
The GDI company itself does not have mentoring or a support team other than a customer service department. If you want a mentor, be sure to choose the right sponsor, one who will teach you, stretch you, and be patient with you through the process.
Does the GDI stand the test of time? Have they been around at least 10 years or more?
GDI has been around since the year 2000, so they do stand the test of time. It is unlikely that the business would go under anytime soon. Their compensation plan is also setup in a way that they can’t run out of money before paying commissions.
Other Pros and Cons of joining GDI
- The compensation plan is very up front and super easy to understand. You get paid $1 for every active domain customer in your 5 level organization. If you have 4000 people in your organization, you get paid $4000 per month.
- Compensation plan comes with a fast-start bonus of $100 per 4 people you sponsor in a calendar week period.
- Only $10 per month to start and operate your business
- Easier to sponsor new reps because of the low cost of entry and the simplicity of the compensation plan.
- Only $1 per active rep/client in your organization, you would need to have a few thousand or more to gain financial freedom. Having 50 active reps in your business would earn you $50 per month only. 50 active reps on system in Shaklee, Amway, or any other MLM would gross you 10 to 100 more than that.
- Lack of a system that helps you market the business online and lack of education on how to automate the business
- If you want a mentor, you have to go through the trouble of finding the right sponsor.
Overall, GDI scores fairly well and has proven itself to be a stable business opportunity that will be around for a long time. Out of 10, I would give the business an 8. It loses two points for reasons stated under Cons above.
If you are looking to start an online business that still has a compensation plan that’s very simple and easy to understand, where you can brand yourself, have an easy to follow system, and an online support community with mentoring, I would recommend Wealthy Affiliate. You can read my Dead Honest Review of Wealthy Affiliate here for more details.